I started following the directions exactly as written. I did have 8mm pearls instead of the 9mm pearls they called for but I just had to adjust the number of 3mm fire polish beads I used around the pearls. I did the front and back of the pearls like the magazine stated but did not really like the way either one turned out. On both sides I felt too much of the pearl was being covered up and I did not like the color of the 2mm round (I was using size 8 Toho seed beads) once it was stitched together. Unfortunately sometimes when you select colors that look great together lying on your bead mat do not look as well once stitched together.
|front side of the pearl stitched using magazine directions.|
|Back side stitched following magazine directions.|
|Old back and new back of pearl.|
|Old front and new front of pearl.|