Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bead Soup Blog Party 6 Reveal 2!

The time has finally come for me to reveal my creation for the BSBP 6 reveal #2.  My partner is Sara Oehler of Soft Flex.  She sent me a really great soup mix.  Although I loved the lovely Andy Ray focal the smaller size was challenging. I wanted to do something else to really bring it into center focus.  I also wanted to use the Soft Flex beading wire she sent me since I normally do not use this material.  The challenge of these parties is one of the best parts for me.

As a reminder here is what Sara sent me.

The first piece I made utilized the focal.  I used the purple beading wire to attach the focal to the fan that I enameled.  I could not just stop there so I used the really cute dangles that Sara sent me on the bottom of the fan, I am very pleased with the final result of the focal.  I then added some of my purple and black enameled bead and used some black artistic wire mesh.  This was the first time I have used it and I LOVE it.  The mesh was fun to use and really very forgiving.  You can stretch it and then pull it back if you do not like the look.  I am really pleased with how this necklace turned out.  I was able to use several new materials and came up with a necklace that I love!  Fun, fun, fun!





Since I was having such a good time I wanted to continue on that path.  For this design I used the other required element, the wonderful toggle clasp.  I also used the beautiful Czech beads I received and made one of my favorite style bracelets, one with lots of dangles and sparkle.  In addition to the beads I received from Sara I added Swarovski crystal and some other Czech crystal and flower beads.

This is the soup I sent Sara, please visit her blog and see what she designed. Sara will be on the television program  Jewel School on August 15th and 16th between 10am and 12pm (EST).  If you can please tune in and watch. She said that since this is so close to our reveal date she might even bring her finished design to show on air.  How exciting!


I hope you have enjoyed my creations  and please feel free to leave any comments, I really appreciate them all.

I would also like for you to visit the other participants in this BSBP, you can link to them from here or you may visit our Hostess Lori Anderson's blog.

Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things

Adlinah Kamsir, Dream Struck Designs
Adrienn Lukacs, Raszputyin Designs
Agata Grygiel, Cytherea Bijoux 
Alenka Obid, Pepita Handmade 
Amy Dickerson, Damyjo Designs 
Amy Schmidt, Amy's Treasure 
Amy Severino, Amy Beads 

Andrea Trank, Heaven Lane Creations
Anke Humpert, Anart Island Studios
Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
April Grinaway, Brooklyn Bead Goddess 
Ashley Bunting, Miss Ashely Kate 
Astrid Boyce, Astrid Boyce Beads 
B.R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem Studios 
Barbe Saint John, Saints and Sinners

Beata Benkone Meggyesi, Beahobbi
Brandy McNair, Bella Vita Handmade Jewelry 
 Bryna Lumb, Bryna's Bead Box
Carmen Lau, Little Maketto
Cate van Alphen, Fulgorine
Cathie Carroll, Cathie Carroll's Studio
Cathy Khoury, Touch Jewelry 
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads 

 Collette Collins, Fire Fly Myst Artisan Jewelry
Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul 
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
Deana Hager, Just Deez'Art & Life
Debbie Phenes, Deb Joy Sing
Dhea Powers, Java Bead


Diana Welte, Lilyweeds
Dita Basu, alankarshilpa
Dorota Zeranska, gdymamczas 
Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Eva Sherman, Eva Sherman Designs
Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead and Metal Works
Francy Inman, Francy's Studio


Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Giorgia Rossini, Jo in Wonderland
Ine Vande Cappelle, Jewels by Ine 
Iveth Caruso, Creative Atelier 
JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
Jackie Ryan, Kydo Jewellery
Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
Jelveh Jaferian, Jelveh Designs
Jenna Tomalka, Twin Birch Studio
Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Beads


Jennifer Van Horn, Jennifers Jewels and Junk
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Johanna Rhodes-Nash, Fire Phoenix Creations 
 Joyce Blair, Bent Wire West Coast
JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
Karen Vincent, Swallow Tail Jewellery
Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
Kayla Potega, The Eclectic Element 
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Kris Lanae Binsfeld, Cherish Designs by Kris Lanae


Kristen Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
Kumi Fisher, Malie Kai Designs
Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
Lennis Carrier, Windbent
Leslie Wayment, AA Beads & More
Linda Murphy, Bonita Bead
Lisa Johnson, Whimsey Wonders


Lisa Sittniewski, Love, Yesterdays
Lois Moon, Que Onda, Q'Town?
Lola Surwillo, Bead Lola Bead
Lorelei Eurto, Lorelei's Blog
Lori Bowring Michaud, Artfully Ornamental
Lori Finney, Using My Beads
Margareta Saari, Mags-koruja
Maria Horvath, Horimarika Beads
Marian Hertzog, M's Place


 Mary Ellen Parker, BeeTree by m.e.
Mary K McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
MaryLou Holvenstot, time2cre8 
Martha Aleo, Ornamento
 Maybeline Tay, The Jewelry Larder
Megan Collins, Churchy & Her Sailor
Melissa Meman, Art. Life. Love.
Melissa Mesara, One-Eared Pig Beads
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs


Pam Farren, re-maker
Pam Hurst, Pam Hurst Designs
Patricia Handschuh, The Color of Dreams
Patty Miller, CabariBeads
Penney Klapoth, Faerie Acres
Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
Rhea Freitag, starrgazer creates
Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle


Sabine Dittrich, PerlenDschungel
Sandra McGriff, Creative Chaos
Sandra Neights, Petalo Azul
Sandra Young, It's a Bead Life!
Sara Oehler, SoftFlex Girl
Saturday Sequins, Saturday Sequins
Shanti Johnson, Sunshine Bliss
Shari Replogle, Plays With Paper
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads


Stefanie Teufel, Stefanies Sammelsurium
Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
Tania Spivey, Moobie Grace Designs
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends 


Tracey Nanstad, A Beadiful Mess
Tracy Choy, BumbleBeads Designs
Valerie Norton, Hot Art


 

57 comments:

  1. It's wonderful how you challenged yourself by incorporating materials you don't usually use. I love the look of the wire mesh in your necklace. The bracelet is my fave though - such a pretty, girly piece. Great job on your bead soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a pink girl, but love your bracelet...there's just something about silver & pink color palette...you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous necklace you made! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very COOL~ that mesh is interesting, I bet it was fun to work with. You did a nice job with your soup. I''l try to catch that episode too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your necklace! It exudes a spanish, romantic feel. I love the use of the fan behind the focal bead, adds to the elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work on using mesh in your necklace. I really love the pretty pink dangle bracelet. Will it be for sale?? I would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pieces, and so different from each other. I love the mesh on the necklace, and I'm a sucker for dangles bracelets. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I loved your work and great job on challenging yourself! That is so much fun! Proud of you for meeting the challenge! Love it! :-) KRis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice - I love the girly pink bracelet! And that necklace is dramatic and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fan focal. Very different. And the bracelet is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You came up with two beautiful designs. Your necklace is a great statement piece. I do love the dangles, good call on that one. I don't normally do dangly bracelets, but I really, really like the look of yours. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a dramatic necklace, I love black and purple together

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never worked with mesh before either. Your necklace looks so nice that is inspiring me to try it sometime. And your bracelet looks like a lot of fun - I love bracelets that have a lot of movement. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool designs! I admire! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the industrial but soft ruffle effect the wire mesh brought to your design and the way it echoes the fan in your focal. How fun to get to try some new things!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your designs. The fan behind the pendant looks awesome. I would have never thought to try that. I really appreciate that you shared my Jewel School details too. You are an terrific partner. Take care and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your designs. The fan behind the pendant looks awesome. I would have never thought to try that. I really appreciate that you shared my Jewel School details too. You are an terrific partner. Take care and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The black necklace really caught my eyes! Stunning piece!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very interesting piece. I love it! the second pink one is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two Beautiful designs !
    LOVE how you used the wire mesh ribbon.I enjoy working with it too.
    Great work !
    Delicious soup!
    m.e. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes, the challenge is definitely part of the fun. You made it look easy though and not like a challenge at all. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that necklace and it is awesome that you used new components. Love that mesh - going to have try us some :) Love what you created with your soup goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh that's AWESOME! What a great job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love your necklace! I am going to have to try out some of that wire mesh.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The pieces you created are lovely, but having your beaded beads & toggle on tv would be such a great treat. Congrats and great work!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, I have really enjoyed your soup. You did a great job with the mesh wire. The bracelet is so pretty and feminine

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have never used mesh before either. What you did with it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So wierd - I left comments on bunches of blogs yesterday, and none of them show up!

    Your necklace is fabulous - love the mesh! now i have to try it! And that necklace is so girly - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful work! I know that bracelet was a labor of love. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the mesh on the neacklace, a beautiful elegant piece and the bracelet is fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Pretty pretty.Love the bold blacks as well.Love and Hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your enameled fan really adds a great touch to completing the focal. Both are beautiful pieces, Sonya.

    ReplyDelete
  33. such elegant pieces. love the wire mesh and you did a wonderful job with the pink bracelet. beautiful work! ~diana

    ReplyDelete
  34. What great pieces! I especially love how you wrapped some of the beads in the mesh ribbon. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your pieces are gorgeous but my favotite is the bracelet. LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. LOVE the challenge and the results of the wire mesh!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love sparkly dangles ... and your necklace is so elegant! I love what you created with your soup and I love the beaded beads and toggle you created for your partner! All of it ... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Sonya,
    I love your necklace and bracelet they are both very pretty, but I must admit the bracelet is my favorite with all the pretty dangles, and it is in my favorite color of pink.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow! I havent worked with mesh and you made it look interestng. Love love love the pink piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I really like how you dressed the small focal to more suit your style. Love this necklace. I have not used wire mesh either, got to give it a try. And the charm bracelet, lovely and can I say it 'charming!'

    ReplyDelete
  41. WOw the mesh is kewl you did a great job! The bracelet is well just magnifico!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Drool-worthy! I love how the BSBP always pushes me out of my comfort zone also. Great pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very cool design with the mesh. Love your bracelet design and color.
    Great soup!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I really love your Czech glass bead bracelet. It looks so "cha cha-y". Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very pretty! I love the pinks in the bracelet. They work very nicely with the clasp!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love your use of mesh and how you highlighted that tiny focal. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oooh I love the wire mesh. I didn't know you could knot it, I need to try working with it. Love the necklace and your bracelet they are both very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Excellent job. The focal you made is very clever & Unique. You shouldn't doubt you abilities. I give your designs A+. I like your bracelet the best, but then pink is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Lovely delicate pieces I like both these!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  50. Sorry I am so late, I have been having computer issues! I love them both, but that bracelet is just sooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Both of your creations are great, the necklace is so dramatic and the bracelet so delicate and feminine-looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by, any and all comments are appreciated :)