Saturday, January 26, 2013

Focus on Life 2013 Week 3 Take Time and week 4 Create Art

I missed week three of  Sally's Focus on Life 2013.  Week three we were supposed to take some time just for ourselves.  Well that week the entire family was SICK with the flu.  It was just miserable.  When I first received her prompt I thought oh what a wonderful excuse to get a pedicure, but no that did not happen. We finally started feeling better by Friday/Saturday.   On Sunday my Husband and I were invited to go to the Atlanta Falcons Championship game in Atlanta.  Having two small boys it is not too often that we get to go out and do fun things with other adults, life just has a way of getting in the way.  I am sure many of you can relate.  Well we went, had a good time and that is my piece of time for myself. 




Week four: Create Art
My creation of art involves Jewelry making and I feel like I do not get to do it often enough, so this goes hand in hand with taking time.  This week I set up my enameling station and torched some beads.  I also did some bead weaving and am in the process of making a bracelet. 

Some blues that I sent a new friend.

 
The above shows parts of the bracelet.
 This is going to be the clasp, I believe.  I am actually making it up as I go.

 Snowflake, that I may use form something upcoming....stay tuned!

Part of a heart, still have to do the back side. 
As you can tell I have a difficult time just starting one project, getting it done and moving on, I often do a few at a time.

Please visit The Studio Sublime and see how the others spent their week.  Be sure to come back next Saturday!

15 comments:

  1. beautiful enamels! and I'm the same way ... I have multiple projects going at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snowflake!! Yuk on the sick week - glad you're all better and that you got to have some "alone" time. :-)

    (I'm #41 this week)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your seed beading - and your toggle that you are "making up as you go" is so cool! Blues are my all-time favorite color! So glad that everyone at your house is on the mend - this flu is terrible! I saw that game on TV! I have not been to a "real" football game in decades! Sounds like you had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ack, a family of flu, not really the taking time intended. I'm so happy you had a chance to make up for it. Great job getting your enamelling all set up it looks like there will be much more goodies to come

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you are all feeling better! It's horrible for the entire family to be sick at the same time.

    I love your enameled beads and really wish I could do that but I have other things I need to focus on first. And you do seed bead work too?!? I admire anyone who can work with these tiny beads! Your pieces are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cat came over for a play date today. (You remember her from the enameling workshop with Barbara, right?) I enameled while she soldered. Anyway, your enameled beads are gorgeous and I look forward to seeing what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your beadweaving is awesome. I love that snowflake. I can't wait to see what you do with it. I am glad everyone is feeling better. A house full of sick people is no fun. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are all getting better and you were able to take time to create this week. The beads are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enameling fascinates me. I bought Barbara Lewis' book but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Your blue enamel is beautiful. There isn't anything wrong with having several projects going at once. That way when you are stuck on one you can move to another and the time away from the first project can let you look at with fresh eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're feeling better, I too was sick last week and it appears to have stuck around this week as well. Love your enamel beads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you finally got some time to yourself, it's so important - especially after everyone having the flu!! Your enameled beads are awesome and of course, that thing you do w/those little seed beads,...wow,...all are super pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been busy beading! The snowflake looks great! And didn't your husband take a day off work while you were sick so you could have that day to yourself? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. The enameled beads are gorgeous - such a lush color! I love the snowflake too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sonya, I am so glad you are feeling better and got a chance to spend some "me" time with your hubby!
    I love the beady goodness you are creating! It's funny that you said you don't plan out what you are making, when it comes to beadweaving I don't either, but when I sit down to do metal work I have everything planned before i start!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by, any and all comments are appreciated :)